Friday, August 17, 2018

Some things were meant to be...

A. (the Persian husband) is trapped on the westside for a five pm meeting and he sent me this video with a message saying "How I feel about coming home to you after a very long day." 


Isn't that so cute? I love 21 Pilots. A. is so unbelievably sweet sometimes. I know his day was crazy and he still took time to think of me. 

I'm making pizza for dinner when he comes home. He likes my homemade pizza and I have a variety of stuff for him to choose to put on it. He gets 3/4 and I get 1/4. His is the more interesting part. I just like cheese and tomatoes and some spices. His is piles of fun. No pepperoni or things that come from pigs though. We are a Halal house. 

It was a good week. I even took a good nap today after the gym. I have my classes set and next week they are supposed to post the syllabi so I can go through and start on some projects and reading. 

He says he has a few rent-a-friends (tutors) to interview for me. He's meeting with them Monday at his office. He will interview and select one. I'm not good at picking people. I like everyone and I can't stand to reject someone. That's his department. 

I'm ready for a nice long weekend together. He is going to take us shopping and then his birthday is coming up! We're having his party on Sunday so his friends can come out. Most of his college friends are still where we used to live so they will come here and we are going to barbecue and have a fun day. He invited some of my friends too. We'll go to the grocery store tomorrow after shopping so we can load up on supplies. There will be lots of alcohol, not much for me. He said he'll make me a cocktail I'll like. 

8 comments:

  1. Happy he is not using the concierge. It is nice to have that time together out of the nest. I am enjoying when Mama and I go to the market. There is talk of getting me licensed to drive. I don't know about that...

    Keep in mind I learned to drive in MIAMI... The Jordanian people scare me on the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to the grocery store is fun. It's one of the few places where he lets me lead and just follows me and plays on his phone while making light conversation. :)

      Delete
    2. Jordan is the oddity of the Muslim world, the drinking age here varies from 16-18. That said, if Zahir is not CLOSE by to protect me I do not consume.

      After Greece I have zero desire to try liquor again. I do enjoy "mocktails." Have fun. FYI his 31st should be super chill if he is like Zahir.

      I still don't have a clue what he has planned for mine in October, other than it make mama giggle.

      Delete
    3. Yeah I would worry about that too if I went through that. I think A is more worried about the fact he thinks I'm still growing and he says my brain is still forming and things like alcohol or drugs can mess with that. Plus I think he thinks I'll like it and want it. :) mocktails are great! He gets me those when we go out for dinner sometimes. Sprite Zero with grenadine is the bomb! Hope your birthday is awesome

      Delete
  2. You guys are so awesome! Your relationship is so full of love. I sit and listen to people at work complain about their spouses and I think they could learn a lot from the two of you. Will done Emri and A!!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have our ups and downs, but he takes "us" very seriously and even puts reminders all over his calendars to do nice things for me. He tries to hide it, but he's too busy to be sneaky about things. :)

      Delete
    2. Sneaky or not, he is a good man. He obviously loves you very much and you are lucky to have him. Actually, you are both lucky, because you my friend, are a very good man.

      Check pm please Em. I have more to tell you. ;)

      Delete
  3. So sweet. There’s a cool version of this song in Crazy Rich Asians. And a super hot lead:)

    ReplyDelete