Thursday, August 23, 2018

Almost finished! I'm finally pretty.

I'm so excited. For the last year-point-five, I've been doing the invisalign trays and I'm almost finished. My teeth are so pretty now. They weren't super jacked up, but like the dentist guy said the bite was wrong and it would cause problems later in life. My dentist growing up said the same thing, but my dad couldn't afford braces. 

A. (persian husband) started taking me to his dentist when he first moved me into the house he got for us. He told my dad he would be responsible for my medical needs. When his Persian dentist (everything in his world must be Persian) said I needed them, he immediately said yes. They are crazy expensive and I go through two trays a month. I told him he didn't have to get me any other gifts or clothes for the whole year, but he just laughed and rolled his eyes at me. He doesn't like me talking about money and says it is his duty to take care of those things. 

The only time they hurt is when you first put in a new tray. It feels ok for an hour then it hurts for a few hours then fades to a dull ache then is fine. I usually take an Advil PM when we get home from the dentist so I can make him dinner then pass out on the couch while he works then he takes me to bed when he's ready. Today I just took a regular advil since we went to the dentist so early. 



The only times they get in the way is when I'm talking and I sound all lispy with them in, OR when we are at a restaurant and I have to duck under the table to take them out. Usually I go to the restroom so I can rinse off the spit and put them in their case. I'm feeling more confident with smiling and even kissing. I always worried his tongue would judge my teeth. 

If you ever consider them, the best way to clean is getting that clear natural mouthwash and soaking them in that while you are eating. My teeth are looking really nice now! A. says I look like a kept boy from West Hollywood.  I guess that's a good thing. 

After the dentist we went to get haircuts at the Persian barber. We got a new one when we moved. This is a nice older guy who speaks with A in Farsi the whole time. A tells him exactly how he likes my hair (a super tight 1 on the sides and just trim a little on top). He doesn't tell him that he likes it long on top so he can grip it when we're doing stuff. 


He likes a good sprout on top to grab and play with. It works best when I crawl on the floor all stealthy to just between his legs when he's working on the couch. I nuzzle in between his legs and bump the laptop until he moves it to the side then pulls my hair to guide me in... ok this got dirty, sorry... 

I promise I am going to finish Lukas this weekend! We have plans Saturday but other than that I should have some time. I already started on my new classes! I'm excited.  

10 comments:

  1. Cheers to being almost done! Love your enthusiasm. And how you just made braces and a haircut an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful smile. Invisilign should hire you as a model. And you have great hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Those pictures aren't me. :) Just similar to what I was discussing.

      Delete
    2. Haha! Congratulations to that guy.

      Delete
  3. Nice! Andrés just finished up with his invisalign too. He had a gap between his front two teeth that he was always super self conscious about. I never cared, but he's more confident about doing a full toothy grin now lol. Hope your bite gets nice and good like :P

    I'm overdue for a haircut, but gotta go soon. My friend is getting married in two weeks,so I'll have to get done. My hairdresser is awesome tho. She's this lady from Mexico City and always has Telemundo playing and like to teach me Spanish while we watch the latest latin American tabloid drama. Andy runs into her alot in The Mission at the same Pupusaria and she's always trying to convince him to let her do edgy styles on me... I prefer a simple natural look tho hah. Boring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool. My front teeth were mostly ok, but now they are lined up perfectly. It was more the back teeth, the crushers as A calls them. :)
      I was never particular about my hair before getting with A. I went to the same ten dollar guy my dad went to. He did about the same thing that A's special barber guy does. :) I always wanted longer hair that I could do stuff with, but then it gets so hot.

      Delete
  4. Crushing it! Maybe when y'all move up to the bay you can grow out your hair 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teeth are important. I'm glad those worked well for you.

    If that's your hairstyle, it's super cute. Zahir has my haircut a little more "traditional." I think he's still trying to make me look like a small child in public. No one believes I am almost 19. That truly sucks when I'm meeting with clients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did "A" see the about Sohrab Moradi? My weightlifting boyfriend woke me up to the news of his victory in the Asian games.

    Apparently he just broke the weightlifting longest-standing world record. There are jubilant celebrations in Tehran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, celebrations among the people Zahir is hanging with.

      Delete