Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Deep thoughts for a Tuesday

I don't write much about the sad side of being his boy, but classes are starting again soon and my friends are already talking about the parties and the LGBT student pride stuff and just the daily fun of being together on campus. I'm not going to be there. I'll be home looking at a computer screen and waiting like a pet for the husband to come home and take me out for a walk.


It got even worse when he discovered that the grocery store will deliver an order for free. A five dollar tip to him is worth more than having to endure an hour driving, shopping, then bringing back groceries. But for me that's fun time out and about with him pushing the cart and telling me about his day.


Sometimes it gets to be too much, life in a beautiful high-rise prison. One person mentioned that my life before had lots of freedom but also financial struggle and no love. Now I have the guy my body craves and I never even think about how much something costs when I put it in the grocery cart or buy it online… but it's lonely.

Even my dad doesn't spend much time here. He's out working or bowling or dating. He's happy here. He's almost forty and he gets to live without worrying. I like seeing him less stressed, but he doesn't really take me places either. When I talk to him he says, "You have a husband. You chose him and made a commitment. You need to work it out with him. It's not my place to get involved." He points me to A with my worries. He doesn't want to interfere.


I spend less than an hour each morning cleaning things that already clean... then do the gym and then try to write but I'm not out to see things and get inspired so it's hard to think up new storylines. I even googled how to do prison cell workouts for ideas on how I can get more movement in this apartment. I'm going crazy.


He knows me so well now and he knows I'm not happy like this. Normally I bug him with conversation and questions and jokes when he comes home but now it's like I just sit quietly by his side. It sucks.


He called me at lunch time and said he'd come home a little early so we could talk. He found me in the kitchen making the chicken cacciatore he likes (a healthy version). He turned off the stove and took me to our bedroom (dad was watching TV in the living room). He told me to get naked and he made us a bubble bath then turned the lights off and lit some candles.


We talk best when we are naked and in the dark. He knows I crumble when I look him in the eye and I lose my nerve. He knows I won't say something if I think it'll upset him. He knows I'll pretend it's ok and he loves me enough to push through my wall.


We talked until the water got cold. He drained some and turned in the hot water again. He says we have to compromise here because going to campus is too far away and the thought of me on an hour bus ride scares him too much. He says he'll try to take me to the LGBT pride club at least once a month to their Tuesday night thing.


He says he's going to hire a math tutor, an unattractive male who has to be at least twenty pounds overweight or over forty years old, to meet with me a few hours each week at his office, not in our home. I told him he should at least be closer to my age and have a good personality. We decided he should be gay but like really gay and someone I'd hang out with. Ok it's not like you can actually order a tutor like this. 😋 We probably sound evil. Sorry. This is how couples talk when alone.


How sad is that? He's going to hire a friend to spend time with me and help me with math.


I don't really have any friends in our building. It's mostly career minded upper income people or Armenian/Persian people with rich parents who are paying the bills. They are the ones I usually like to watch lifting weights at the gym.



He says if things don't get better this semester then he'll look at getting me back on campus but there aren't really any universities for me nearby. CalTech is super smart engineers and Cal State LA is a low achieving commuter school. Occidental is… I'm not sure. That's one University in LA you never ever hear about other than the fact that Obama went there.


I gave up my life to be his good boy.

Would I take that back? Never. Do I need to speak up more? Yes. Will I? Nope. Do I like asking myself questions and answering them? No comment.

10 comments:

  1. This is sad, especially the prison cell workout and the teddy pic. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emri, I feel so sad reading this ��

    Hang in there! And please do speak up for yourself. You have the right to be happy in your relationship too!

    Could you get A. to let you go out of the house some more. Even just to walk around for a bit. Going for a walk and being outside usually helps for me when I feel down. Though that does not change the source of your loneliness of course.

    I hope you feel better soon! Also feel free to blog about these things. We can all be there for you! ❤️��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm feeling better today. He came home for lunch and we ended up playing around so I had to make him a sandwich to go.

      The building we live in has a full gym and yoga studio, a coffee house setup with wifi and a rooftop deck with grass and a pool and cabanas. I'm allowed to go to all those places, just not actually exit the building. Sometimes I feel like I'm haunting it, the ghost or something. He is ok with me being around the building but the one time I left on my own to go to the drug store, I got a long lecture and had to promise not to do it again. He's pretty firm on that, but I know he will make an effort to get me out more.

      Delete
  3. I know that loneliness all to well. I wish my arms were long enough to cross the oceans. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how often do you get a hug from tomorrow

      Delete
    2. Aww. Yeah you are like way on the other side of the world. I think I read somewhere the other side of the world (direct line) is in the Indian Ocean. But that's the south of the equator line. If we went straight through the earth I think it's Afghanistan.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Emri I’m just catching up with your blog. Been working late nights and that’s when I grab my iPad to read stuff. This blog made me shed a tear or two for you. I understand and respect the lifestyle you chose or anyone in your similar situation. And just like some other readers, I urge to speak up more for yourself. There is a very fine line in submission that can become for the dominant more than controlling. I can see that you are both learning as you go in this type of lifestyle. An ideal submissive role should be fullfiling and bring you contentment and happiness. Jus remember that both you and your husband are new to all this. Many of the things he do or say will not be will be with his best intentions but not necessarily will result on your best interest even if in his mind he thinks it is. So please speak up more and don’t bottle so many things for yourself. I Love your stories and your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I do get sad about things, but there isn't another life I would choose. He is a good man who loves me like crazy. He loves me so much that he breaks through my shell and helps me speak up when it's beyond my comfort zone. Plus my body craves his. :) Sometimes our relationship crosses from the dom sub to the father son. Sometimes he is right to be the daddy and step in to make sure I am taking care of myself. He's a good man who comes from a very traditional culture and he has grown a lot to be more of what the culture here expects. Things are good. Thank you :)

      Delete