Monday, July 30, 2018

Grinding through Grindr is better with friends.

My friend came over tonight, the one from the breakup. It was a surprise. A (the Persian husband) invited him for dinner and to hang out. A brought takeout and he ate dinner with us but then gave us some time to hang out. 

[On Saturday, birthday, A had asked how I was feeling about the changes we've been through these last few months (moving, switching to online school instead of going to campus, etc...). I'd told him I was already missing seeing people I knew on a regular basis being on campus. I had some friends I've had from high school and middle school. He tries to make an effort to not keep me totally isolated in his nest.]


So my friend is now single and he's on these dating apps. He was showing me some of the guys he's chatting with. Oh Woah! Some guys just put it all out there. 



A heard us laughing a little too loudly and he left his work laptop to come see. He sat in between us and we helped my friend pick out a guy to contact.


A was funny. He took the phone since he was sitting in the middle and he kept previewing the pictures before he showed us because some were definitely not PG. As if we were innocent children or something. 


He looks for totally different things than we do, and it was really funny to hear his take on seeing another gay man and judging his dateability. We have NEVER discussed whether some other guy would be dateable or not. 😆. He was commenting, "What job does he have? Is this his car? He looks irresponsible! He has cheap underwear. He will be cheap with other things!"


I don't think A got that my friend was just kind of looking for someone to sleep with. At one point he said, "This guy says he is musician. He can't support you on that or we would have heard of him!" It was cute watching my husband get all parental on my friend. Normally friend would object, but he seemed to warm up to A and even snuggled into the other side of him opposite me while A was swiping on his phone.


A did have some good insights. "A masculine man does not need to announce that he is masculine. Why will he need to tell people this?" 


We did find a few somewhat decent guys and we chatted back and forth as a group with them. A was a little rough with them and very very straightforward. He wasn't being so much flirty as interrogational. We found someone close to his age for him to do a workout with. 


A said they should meet on a weekend when we can accompany him for safety! My friend and I cracked up at that. He meets guys for unsafe stuff all the time. He wasn't into the idea of having a chaperone. 




When my friend left, he told me on the side, "You're so lucky. You never have to worry about this stuff." That meant a LOT because he was one of my friends that didn't like A when we started dating. He said he was too old and too controlling. Now he sees there are good parts to that. 


I could tell A was warming up to him too. My friend was quieter and... less vulgar than usual. He didn't flirt with A or say shocking things. He just hung with us and seemed to have a good time. He was trying to be a good boy for A. I think he liked being snuggled under A's arm too... but that was just temporary... I get both arms and I have the ring to enforce it. ðŸ‘²



7 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! I'll bet his take on that was very interesting, but very sweet as he was trying to help your friend. Everyone needs a husband like that. ��

    Grindr can be kind of intimidating and the guys do post some weird things. I'm just glad I don't have to rely on those sites.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so funny. My friend and I kept looking at each other and laughing. A was focused on finding a responsible, modest, nice man who looked strong and could provide for my friend as his boy... while we were looking for someone hot who could bend him like a pretzel.

      I was surprised that A didn't immediately turn it off since some of the pics were pretty dirty. He did preview the pics, but yeah it was crazy!

      Delete
  2. This made me lol. A masculine man doesn’t need to announce it ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! He was surprised by that. We kept seeing it in profiles. Like... what?

      Delete
  3. Omg, that grindr thing is another world. It was always filled with sluts, discreet married torsos, and the occasional normal person.

    I used to like it to just chat with people. I was afraid of meeting someone but then end up chopped up and thrown in a ditch... but I met with my husband from grindr! It only took me 6 months of with him texting to trust him enough to meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 6 months!! I have never ever met someone from the internet. I would be way too scared. If I hadn't met my guy so early, I probably would have. I'd probably a very different person now. I used to ride the bus and go out for a run and never worried about stuff like that. He's kind of made me afraid of leaving the apartment without him, though I did walk to the drug store by myself a few weeks ago... ok that makes me sound like a weirdo.

      Delete
  4. Another great chapter! And I know exactly where you cried, because I did the same :-)

    ReplyDelete