Sunday, July 22, 2018

Lukas and Cherries

Finally finished Chapter 6 of Lukas. It is sent in and should post in a day or two. I needed to shut up and write. I held off on blogs and stuff until I could finish it. 

We had so much fun on our trip to San Francisco and Monterey. The best part of a California road trip is stopping at those crazy farm stands. We got good cucumbers, little oranges, and the most amazing cherries. The husband bought two big bags of them and they washed us for them and gave us paper cups for the pits.  


They're those fat purple cherries that stain your fingers, lips, and teeth. They are so good. The husband has lived and traveled across the world and says nothing compares to California agriculture. We finished a bag of them this weekend. They're the best after a long play time. 

Strangely enough, Lukas is also waiting for his cherry to be pitted. Soon, soon.  

+++ 

Apparently our new apartment building has a variety of special services you can schedule. The husband surprised me with them so when I came home there were groceries in the fridge and our apartment was cleaned. He had me put all our dirty laundry in bags and a guy came by to collect them so I didn't have to spend the day washing our clothes. 

I felt weird about that. He tends to get messy when we do stuff and then he will use whatever shirt he was wearing to wipe us down. I'm used to spraying stuff on our clothes before I wash them, so it felt weird to know a stranger would encounter that. He doesn't care at all about that. He said they probably find much weirder stuff and they are used to it. It was nice to come back and find all our clothes folded or hung and in plastic wrap. 

Friday we went down to Long Beach for a picnic. We went up to Signal Hill and watched the sunset. It was so amazing. It was a clear night and you can see about 270 degrees around the LA basin and the ocean all the way out to Catalina and Orange County. 


If you've never been up there it's worth the drive. He had some clients who met us there and we had a picnic then went to their house and chilled for the night. He has so many friends and I've gotten used to being in strange houses for parties. They spoke in either Farsi or Arabic with him so I just hung out at his side and played games on his phone. 

We slept in today, but it's so bed time for me. I'm happy I finished the chapter. I hope it's not complete crap. ☝

3 comments:

  1. Well done on Chapter Six, I read it first thing after getting Zahir up. You had nothing to worry about, it was definitely NOT crap.

    I am starting to wish we got the apartment having special services sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best! The concierge guy has all kinds of hookups for anything we want. A says it's why people who can afford a home prefer a place like this. Of course when we have kids we'll need an actual house. But for now this is good.

      Delete
    2. With us it was cheaper to secure a compound than it was to buy a floor of apartments for us, his parents, and his un-wed sister.

      Had to work the whole day with Zahir today. He says he has a surprise for me when we get home... I am so excited. Why do they do that to us?

      Delete