Friday, March 1, 2019

Coming Soon

I wrote the first chapter of a new series and sent it in tonight. I am trying to limit myself to doing shorter chapters with this one. normally I do over 10,000 words which is 21-23 pages per chapter. This time I am going to cut them off at 15 pages or around 6,000 words. It will be easier to keep up with and post. 

If you see "Ahmed's Cub" pop up, that one is mine. I'll link to it when it posts. I don't know what category it will end up in. Definitely interracial. 

I really liked writing from the alpha's perspective when I did it a few times in stories so I decided to do a whole series like that. I am toying with an idea on where to take it. 


He's an Egyptian, muscled college boy who makes his money humbling older, money men while working on a super nerdy science degree. Of course he will meet the boy who finally captures his heart, but he'll have a lot of fun along the way. 

18 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read it!! I love stories about alphas and I like when you add their perspective, so this should be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I am not one to write a short chapter. It feels cheaterish. :)

      Delete
  2. It has posted on Nifty today and I look forward to reading your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your new series and its another success. I am in love with Ahmed and his character. I cant wait to see where him and Dylan develop from here. I am loving the alpha style of their relationship already, but the gentleness and caring at the same time. I cant wait to read the next chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first chapter is fantastic!! Keep it coming Emri!!

    Let's see. I played baseball in high school, my grandmother passed away and left me her house and I was pursued by a pair of Egyptian brothers who live down the road until my Saudi daddy showed up and swept me off my feet. Hmm...ha ha ha!! What a funny coincidence. Just kidding, my friend. You are off to a wonderful start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It ended up in interracial and college categories. My stories never quite fit one category :)

      Delete
  5. Loved it. Great place to end it. And hot picture above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He inspired my workout this morning. LOL

      Delete
  6. Emri, nice work. I know you hear it a lot but you’re quite talented. Have you always been a good writer or do you feel you learned a lot through classes? I know just enough to know it’s harder than it looks to write a good story. You seem to write very quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write a lot of crap! hah. I will get 14 pages into a new story and then realize it is awful. I write a lot and about half of it makes it to decent. :)

      Delete
  7. You knocked it out of the park again! I LOVED the first chapter. Can't wait to see where the story goes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope it doesn't get too weird going forward. :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you. I love the first chapter and very much look forward to this journey.

    Z read it to me tonight. It rocks even more hearing it in "daddy rumble."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS... Was the single bright spot today, thank you.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I am just finishing chapter 2 now. :) Glad it brightened your day.

      Delete