Sunday, March 24, 2019

Today is Sunday.

We were up at 7 am on a Sunday! Why? Travel. I made pancakes. He is eating them and looking at house listings. He always wants me to get excited about the pictures, but we have looked at so many places that I am over it. I will like whatever he chooses. He's a real estate guy so this is like his big moment. It usually goes like this: 

Him: Umm-ree [No one else can ever say my name like he does] Come! You will like this. It has new kitchen.
Me: Oh I like that fruit bowl [or some other decoration in the picture]. Does it come with the house? 
Him: We buy our own! Why we will want their bowl? 
Me: Fruit bowl or no deal!
Him: You are ridiculous! [laughing]

I got some writing done yesterday on the next Ahmed. It is close to finishing soon. I promise! I am working with someone on it and he is giving good notes and direction. I like these stories I get to write with other people. I get good ideas and my weird tangents get reined in. 

I am halfway through my spring classes! These are so much easier than the stuff I did in the fall. It's a ton of writing but that's ok. I can do that. I can write and write and write. 

I have tried this before! I can't pick him up and he gets weirded out whenever I try it... but I still try it. 




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I know whatever he chooses will be perfection.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad we don't have to find a new house. He likes it here and we are close to shopping, good schools and nice parks. If we did have to find a house, I would probably be a little more insistent than you on some things I wanted in the house though. You should surprise him and take an extreme interest in the place you will call home. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I lived in the same apartment with my dad my whole life before I met him and now we have moved twice. I told him I want somewhere we can be for a long long time, but he likes real estate... a lot!

      Delete
  3. Ha, what are your weird tangents? I miss Kasper and Amir. If you’re ever wanting to revisit one. Maybe that’s not fun for authors though.

    Glad school’s going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes stories go a weird way. Kasper might be making an appearance soon. thinking it through. Not on his own series though.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait for the next chapter. I went to a wedding in Cancun. I remember these particular words of the priest stuck with me. "When she falls down, he will be there to pick her up. When he falls down, she will be there to pick him up. We don't know what life will bring." Awesome you can pick him up. Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet! Thanks! I just finished chapter 4 and sent it in so in a day or two it should be up :)

      Delete
  5. There are other ways to raise him up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True true! One day I will lift him! He's just a total rock.

      Delete
  6. Couldn't sleep tonight. Was trolling around the internet old school. Thank you for posting CH-4

    http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/college/ahmeds-cub/ahmeds-cub-4

    ReplyDelete