Sunday, December 30, 2018

Still in Texas

We bought two new cars yesterday and three big beds today. 

His dad got a huge SUV so they turned in the rental SUV. His brother got a nice compact sedan with tons of tech in it and a crazy good sound system. We were blasting it behind the dealership. I don't think he will be allowed to have it that loud ever again. 

Everyone here drives a giant SUV or a Truck. It's weird!! LA is a sea of corollas, civics, and prius mixed with luxury sedans. His looks like this one and has the softest leather seats. 


My husband's family decided to stay in an apartment because the house they decided on is like 80% finished and they get to choose the final touches they want on it. The beds are getting delivered tonight along with some rental furniture. 

The apartment is huge and has its own garage under it with a stairway up to the unit. It's three big bedrooms and really nice! It has a lake to look at and it's close to shops and not too far from the school where his brother will take English classes. 

We are heading home in a few days. We'll have a little party tomorrow night for New Year's. I don't know if we will get to see fireworks. We have a lot to do tomorrow and his mom wants to buy things. They are out right now getting stuff and food. 

It's funny but I can tell my husband is ready to head home. He has projects to work on and a lot of people waiting for him to get back to California. I am happy here with his family. His brother says I keep his parents occupied so they leave him alone. 

I talked to my dad this morning for a long time. I think this is the longest we have been apart. I forget how much I talk to him on a daily basis. Even when we lived separately he would facetime me or come over for dinner. I miss him, but I also like being with my husband's family. 

8 comments:

  1. Emri,
    Hope you and yours have a very Happy New Year and hope you enjoy it wherever you are.
    Hope there is more to come in your writings too. Happy New Year to all!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You too! We probably will enjoy it at the new apartment and watch some fireworks on a screen. :)

      Delete
  2. Haha! That SUV is a Texas midsize. For a couple of years, my husband had a pickup, with four-doors, a V-10, and dually back wheels. It was a beast. We drove it cross country to Laguna Beach and couldn't fit it in the driveway. The neighbors were horrified. But in Katy, Texas, nobody looked twice. 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He wanted the Sequoia or the Land Cruiser. Ashkan joked to him that if he is stopped at a light too long, people will come aboard and give him bus fare. :) Everyone has giant cars here. A car that big in California would be someone who is from inland areas or would be driven by a chauffeur.

      Delete
    2. I can't imagine driving something that big. My guy just bought me a new little SUV on Saturday, because he thought my Sentra was too dangerous to drive on the highways here going to work. I got a new Chevy Trax. It's really cute and I love it. I kind of think it is because it is equipped with OnStar and a tracker that he can follow on his phone. My car did not have that. Lol

      Delete
    3. Yes! it is huge! We took it out for dinner and I was in the third row seat. There is a tv to watch! I could live back there! :) It is so nice. Husband has a nice big Lexus sedan, but the back seat isn't exciting and I only go back there when he is driving around a client. We did have sex back there when he first got it! :)

      Delete
  3. I have no doubt Ashkan will show you fireworks in LA... 😈🤑

    Safe travels, to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have fun when we get home, but I like it here. He says we will be coming here at least once every month or two.

      Delete