Friday, December 21, 2018

Holiday prep!

What a day! Yesterday we flew in to Houston and got the hotel room and then today we went and scouted some of the properties to help his parents narrow down their list. There are some seriously beautiful places here! It's so green and lush. I spent most of the day in the backseat of a lexus while my husband and the realtor talked in Farsi. It is cold here. The houses here have so much land around them. They aren't all squeezed together like LA. 

I am halfway through the next chapter of Lukas. It's going pretty well! I am so happy that people are responding to it. It feels like things are going in a good direction. 

When my parents-in-law come in, they are also bringing my husband's youngest brother so he can go to school here. He's a few years younger than me, and I've only talked to him on facetime. He doesn't say much. His English isn't very strong. He looks like a smaller, younger version of my husband. I hope he likes me. 

I finally got my husband to take a nap. He is snoring away beside me right now. It's nice to see him so relaxed and not obsessive over work stuff. We did a hard workout at the nice gym they have here and then took a shower and snuggled and then he passed out. 

They have these crazy giant metal rings and poles over the roads here! I keep thinking they are going to fall and crush someone. 


4 comments:

  1. I always wanted to see Texas. Hoping you enjoy your stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iti s pretty! We spent today scoping areas to show his parents. Lots of riding around in the car and taking pictures when my husband yells "That!" haha. He uploaded like a hundred or so pics for them to see during layovers at airports in europe. I can't wait for tomorrow when they get here! :)

      Delete
  2. Fuck yeah dude! Sounds like you're gonna have some sweet family time. It'll be fun to try and communicate with his brother too.

    My sister in law and I have that sort of relationship. Although her English is better than my Spanish, I still try though.

    On lyft with my husband and his brother and baby. Can't wait to be back in LA and one step closer to Tamales!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. We picked up husband's parents at the airport and took the for lunch. Now they are all passed out in their rooms and husband is playing a game on his computer with friends from back home. I should blog!! :)

      Delete