Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Work it

I went to work today! Well not a real job, but my fiancee's boss asked me to help him with his office. His husband takes me out sometimes when they are working hard and we go to lunch or shop. He always insists on paying. If you read Noah's story then it's the Karim and Mike characters. I wanted to do it for free, but he insisted on paying me. 

I've helped him clean and organize his office before. His husband doesn't like doing it. I mostly file things and get rid of things. He is kind of a hoarder so his office tends to have piles of things he doesn't need. Mostly though, I think he just likes having me there to talk to. He's a really nice older Persian guy (I think close to 50) and has been a mentor and father figure to AT (fiancee). He's always pushing me to stand up to AT more and be more demanding. 

He sees that I don't like spending money and I don't ask for things a lot like his husband does. The odd thing is that he complains about his husband (they're totally in love and have been together forever so it's not serious), but then he kind of pushes me to be more like him. His husband doesn't work really and he likes expensive things (He just got a new BMW that is so beautiful). 

He jokes about AT not wanting me to drive (I don't want to drive. I know how to, but it never interested me). He always asks about what I'm going to make AT for dinner (his husband doesn't really cook much and they eat out all the time), and the way he asks makes it sound like he wish he had someone to do those thing. I feel kind of bad for him, but AT says that's how they function and it isn't for us to judge. 

Being home this summer without taking classes makes me appreciate how hard AT works for us. I get to go on business with him and yesterday we visited with his banker and he showed me the accounts he has for our wedding, our home, our future kids, and the money he gave for my dad to hold so we could get married (It's a tradition in his culture and the law in his country to put aside money for the "bride" in case the marriage doesn't work). He really works hard for our future. 

I ramble... Anyways, I earned a paycheck today and it felt good. I boxed up some books, supplies, and things he didn't need anymore (he gets little squishy toys and things from different companies he works with) to donate. His office looked so nice afterwards and he bought me lunch. I don't know what I'm going to buy yet. I told AT I can use it to chip in on my fall tuition, but he just shook his head and said it's mine to play with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment