Wednesday, July 31, 2019

man-heavy post!

I am super excited for where my stories are going on wattpad. The best part of it is being able to share them with my husband. He has never read my nifty stuff or known about it. He would most definitely NOT approve of his innocent, naive little love writing dirty stuff. 

I am doing some major cleanup with the Lukas story and trying to fix the typos and make it better. I am going to hit some major roadwork when I get to the part where his dad turns into a puppy. I still want him to live his truth like that, but it needs to be more tasteful. That's funny because when I wrote Lukas people wanted as spin-off of his dad in the pup life. 



Lukas hit #1 in one category and is moving up in others. I have a few more chapters of Hayden to do. I don't want this to turn into one of those stories where Tank struggles with parents who are hateful and want him to change. I think they will come through for him. I never know until I start writing it. I tried to map out this story and do a lot of planning, but that's just not my style. With academic writing it is 100% my style, but with fun stuff I like to see where the characters take me. 

I like the models I picked for the chapter covers and adding art to the chapters adds a different dimension. I'm using Tim Borrman for the Hayden series and Sam Harwood for the Lukas one. 



In my head, Tim makes a perfect Tank. He has that shape, stronger than he looks, that appeals to Hayden. 

Sam works as Lukas. I can see Ari looking at him as a pretty boy who needs protecting and direction. Plus the pink lips are something a Middle Eastern alpha can't resist. 

In other news, we are heading to Texas next week to spend a four day weekend with his parents. I'm excited to see them but it will be hot hot. I am excited to see his dad. On the cruise we were able to do our morning coffee routine. He kept me busy while my husband was trying to run his work from the ship. 

There is a new show on Amazon Prime that is SO GOOD. It's called The Boys. It's about a league of super heroes that are awful people and abuse their celebrity status. 



6 comments:

  1. Some day, you will be published and it will be an honor to purchase your book. I will be able to say that I read your work online when you were just starting. You have a wonderful future and it is something you can do from home while keeping your husband a happy home. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I looked back and my first story to post was 4 years ago! So crazy!

      Delete
  2. Aww, is he proud of you? Or is he more that’s cute but not my genre?
    Congratulations! I don’t get the ranking system. Seems very fluid and not exactly based on votes or views. But I would give you top spot, I love your stories.
    I am interested to see how you water down the sex stuff. Even the mature designated stories don’t seem too racy. I haven’t read a lot but it’s definitely very tame compared to Nifty.
    After Noah, I think Hayden is my favorite:) I’ll be sad when you retire him��. Noah was my first Emri story. Seems like a long time ago now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both. Initially he read it, but I think now he is just skimming them. He didn't even set up an account so he could vote on them... That was kinda disappointing, but I know he is proud of me. He said, "I always say you are gifted writer." But he likes me for my other talents. haha.
      I love Hayden. I want to do him justice when I wrap up the story. I don't want to rush it.

      Delete
    2. Haha, yes, the talents we can’t put on resumes maybe:) It’s still cool you can share it even if it isn’t something he’s normally into reading.

      Delete