Thursday, July 25, 2019

Location! Location! Location!

I am up to 9 chapters of the Lukas series on wattpad and 12 chapters of Hayden

I am learning a lot about the platform and it is fun to go back through the Lukas series and edit it. I'm also adding more artwork to the stories. I liked finding locations for Lukas' apartment, Ari's condo, and the Khorasani estate. I always had them in my head because the first two are locations in Glendale near where we lived. 



The Khorasani estate I pulled from a house in Beverly Hills because I couldn't find a good online pic of the house in Glendale that I liked for them. 



The funny thing is my husband's comments on the Lukas series. Obviously he did not read the original one on nifty so this is all new to him and he is reading the cleaned up version. 

Him: Is good this Lukas has a man to look after him, but he is too young for a 25 year old man!

Me: Ummm I was barely 17 when we met and you were 25. 

Him: Oh... well is different for us. You needed me so much! 

Me: Yes, sir. I still do. :) 

It's funny how he doesn't see that this series was based so much on us, at least in how the two interact and how Lukas discovers all the crazy rules Ari has for him. I guess we see what we want to see. He actually said that Ari is too controlling when he read a chapter where Ari did the EXACT same thing my husband did when we were dating!! haha

I'm not sure where this Hayden story will end. Obviously Tank will need to come out somehow and it should probably be huge and traumatic! :) I think I'll try to wrap it up in 5 or 6 more chapters. I have other ideas I want to write about and this was kind of my break in to Wattpad. 

The Lukas series is doing well and I will NOT be posting any of the Hamad series on there. 

Although, the first few chapters of Emerson and the Lion were super well received on Literotica and are still my highest rated series there. I could take the first few chapters and then rework the story completely with a different direction that might have a more mass-market appeal. I'll think about it down the road. 

Anyways, life is back to normal here. Husband is working and there's a crazy heatwave going on. We might be heading to Houston in two weeks to visit his parents. He is seeing if his schedule will allow it. We haven't been in a few months. 

6 comments:

  1. Yea! Pictures! I love that part of the stories. That’s a cute apartment for Lukas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the thousands of old-style apartments around LA. I grew up in one very similar but without the cheery yellow front. :)

      Delete
  2. Ha! It's funny he does not recognize himself in the story. He clearly does not know when he's a little overbearing ;-)

    Did you tell him, or did you keep him in the dark?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do tell him, but he does not recognize his controlling-ness. He thinks is it being a man and being responsible for his family. I don't mind it and I definitely like being his boy. :)

      Delete
  3. Noticed your #1 ranking on Lukas, great job

    ReplyDelete