Thursday, July 11, 2019

Hayden 9 and 10


This new story has me writing faster than I can post! I don't want to put up more than one chapter per day or people might get confused and skip one, but woah this is flowing really well. 

I finished up chapter 9 this morning and chapter 10 is already written. I just need the art for it. I want to try and do 10 and 11 before we leave for our trip Saturday night. We'll see. If I get the art for 11 then I can finish it on the flight. But honestly I usually fall asleep on flights and he booked us the nice big seats this time so I'm pretty sure I will be passed out under his arm before we get out of California airspace.  


Here is Chapter 9's art. It's not super inspired, but it does the job: 



Chapter 10 touches on some really heavy stuff. I wasn't sure how far to go into things but I absolutely love the raw emotion that came out on those pages. I honestly just try to listen to the characters in my head and see where they want to take things. 

This is what I have so far for the Ch. 10 artwork: 

UPDATE: Chapter 10 is done. :) We had a quick dinner because husband is working overtime to be able to enjoy our vacation. 




Thanks for all the positive comments and votes! Time to go start dinner for my husband who is stuck in LA traffic. 

I like doing artwork for each chapter. It helps me go back and think about what I wrote. It's like visual revision. 

It is getting super hot today through this weekend! Luckily we will be in a cooler climate on vacation, but be safe, SoCal!! 

7 comments:

  1. Well done, I read them both...

    Zahir read nine to me for bedtime. I just finished reading ten by myself. Z and his folks are having a discussion about me. I think I screwed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happened? Oh no! Poor guy. luckily you know that no matter what happens they are very much in love with you and you are safe there.

      Delete
  2. OMG Em!! This is the best thing you have written. So much emotion and beautifully developed characters. I was in tears at the end of chapter 9. I can totally identify with Hayden and his parents. I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how creepy close he is with his parents. It's definitely how I was with my dad at 15 years old. He would have been much more of a helicopter parent if he didnt have to work ten hour days. :) I'm working on chapter 11 today and finishing our packing for vacation

      Delete
    2. Jealous!! I am stuck here working. Did you see PM?

      Delete
  3. Damn dude, already 10 chapters into a new series! I feel like I havent been here in ages, but stoked you've been keeping up with writing. I'll try and start some of Haydens story soon. Have fun on vacation mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really love this series. Yes you have been gone for the longest! I hope things are ok up there! [hugs] :)

      Delete