Friday, November 2, 2018

Sick boy

This lady took four vials of blood from me. When she pulled them out from her basket I said, "Four? You need four? What are you going to do with all that?" 

"Is for tests, they need find things. Is ok." My husband nodded at her and held my hand. Then I had to pee in a cup... she was insistent on that too. I got a flu shot, anti nausea medicine, other fun medicine for a stomach virus. 

I'm finally feeling somewhat normal again. I woke up and had a piece of toast with banana crushed onto it. First food I have kept down in a few days... so far. 🤞No meat or dairy or anything weird for a few days. I might have an apple for lunch if I feel crazy 🍎


My dad said it's because I have "the good insurance" and a husband who takes me to the doctor anytime I sneeze. He says that's why I get sick. I never used to be sick when dad worked crazy hours and we had the state kid's plan. I had the occasional cold, but now it seems like every few months I get something. 

My husband says it'll be better when we move out of LA and away from the dirty city...

Lukas chapter 16 is my next endeavor. 

A friend of mine from the university I went to is doing that NaNoWriMo (National Novel writing Month) challenge. He bragged that he did 2k words so far.

One time I put the first ten chapters of Noah's Starship into one doc to get a word count and it was 117k words! 

Popular novels average: 

  • Commercial and literary novels: 80,000 – 100,000
  • Science fiction and fantasy: 100,000 – 115,000
  • Young adult: 55,000 – 70,000
  • Middle grade: 20,000 – 55,000
  • Romance: 80,000 – 100,000
  • Mystery: 75,000 – 100,000
  • Thriller: 90,000 – 100,000
  • Memoir: 80,000 – 90,000
  • Western: 45,000 – 75,000

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Voice still hasn't come back 100% from the TSA interview. Had one of the "princesses" signing to me today... Tomorrow we are doing Epcot and Sunday the Animal Kingdom.

      Delete
    2. Disney! I love Disney. I haven't been to the Florida one. We love Disneyland and we'll get annual passes when we get to orange county. It's a must! :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. Sounds dreadful.
    I was reading today that adding camu camu to a smoothie is great for your immune system. Like a new superfood:)

    Is it ever difficult to publish so much online and have so many fans yet have your husband, friends and classmates not know about how much work you do? Or do a lot of them know? I know a couple that writes together but they don’t say much to anyone despite being well published, because it’s ‘contemporary romance’ (what they call it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband wouldn't be ok with me posting stories, especially dirty ones and especially ones that dealt with his culture. It's kind of sad sometimes. I'd like to write and publish something I can share with friends and family, maybe some day. Although honestly I don't think he would want me publishing anything at all.

      Delete
    2. That’s too bad about the not publishing in general. Maybe you could write him a story sometime so he can see how good you are.

      Delete
  3. Meh. I hope you are back to full health soon, Emri! Maybe it's the stress of that mid-semester crunch. Take some rest and take care! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This week I start working on final projects stress. haha. At least I have a vacation to look forward to for thanksgiving. :)

      Delete