Saturday, November 3, 2018

We golf like that...

I definitely have the best guy. This morning I made him breakfast and then he got working on his laptop while I eyed him sadly from the couch. I did this for about ten minutes before he closed his computer and said, “ok! Take the pills and get dressed!”

I’ve been trapped in the house or doctor’s office since Tuesday and I needed some sunshine. He didn’t tell me where we were going until we were in Orange County. He said we need to investigate the best mini golf fun places to decide where we should buy a house.

I don’t know why but I really like mini golf. It’s right up there with zoos and I even put it in most of the series I’ve written. The best ones have good lemonade and keep up their contraptions.  This one had a big castle, an old California mission, and a creepy dollhouse, oh and a giant tiki head. That was pretty cool.

We needed some dope Khakis like these two lovebirds! 👬

We went slowly and he kept feeling my forehead but the sun and cool breeze made me feel better.

When we took a break, this little family asked to share our table so of course my husband made instant friends with them. He’s a people person. I’m an observer.

The dad was that kind of Orange County dude you see on tv. Young, buff, and clean cut. He was so cute playing with his daughter while his unattractive wife disappeared to go get food. I could tell my husband was jealous. He’s so ready to have a baby in his lap. The wife took forever to come back. She looked unpleasant and she was kinda rude to the dad.

On the way home my husband said he wished he’d started earlier with kids. He said he wished he’d met me sooner and not wasted time partying.

“I would have been in high school!” I reminded him.

“Oh… yes. Your people are late to life.” He laughed.

I told him he’s only 30 so when the first kid finishes high school he won’t yet be out of his 40’s. Then when he’s in his 50’s the kids will be in their 20’s and having their own kids. He just smiled and put his arm around me and kissed my forehead.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you feel good enough to get out.

    I wish Zahir wanted kids. He'd be a great dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell him you're pregnant and see how he reacts. :) Sometimes when we finish, he puts his head on my tummy and says he can hear the baby. haha. Weird but sweet. I know he wishes it could happen that way. He rubs my tummy a lot when we're just cuddling.

      Delete
  2. I am undecided about children, but I assume the topic will surface eventually. We need to get married first. He has a large family and it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted a house full of kids.

    We shall see...

    ReplyDelete