Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving on the Hudson

Trying to blog from my phone here. Not sure it will be as pretty as you’re used to. 

This has been the most relaxing vacation ever. We thought we were going to be in New York City. We were for the first night but the next day they drove us a few hours north to a beautiful old house in the woods near a really cute little village. The whole place looks like it’s out of a movie, one of those romantic holiday movies in a little New England town where someone comes to escape the big city. 

We are with two older guy couples, clients of my husband. They sound very New York and they’ve been really sweet to us. We aren’t doing much. We saw a winery, played in the snow, made a big fire with s’mores, visited weird little stores with art and antiques, and played a lot of board and card games. 

It’s freezing up here like hardcore winter. It’s so beautiful to see snow everywhere. I really do feel like we fell into a holiday feel good movie. I’ve been living in hoodies, sweatpants, and staying within two feet of the fireplace or my husband’s chest. He’s a natural heater. 

It’s been awesome to see him not work and just relax. He’s turned back into that playful, easygoing boy who hunted me like a hungry lion. 

Today I’m going to help cook. They wanted something from my husband’s culture so I’m making the rice his mom makes. Yesterday I made cookies with the guys. They are so cool to us. 

They picked up on my guy’s overprotective nature with me so whenever they invite me to do anything like a game or hike or baking, they ask him instead of me. “Would Em like to...?” “Should we take Em to...?” It’s interrsting. You think guys from nyc would think our relationship was strange or antiquated and they aren’t like that with each other. But they’re like ok this is who they are. 

It’s made him be at ease here. He’s usually more guarded with me when we vacation with clients. He’s more relaxed here. 

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Sorry it’s not a pretty post today. I’m doing this from my phone. 🥰🥳🤩

12 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving glad your having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the East coast!!! Hope your Thanksgiving is great. I am glad you and A are sharing in the loveliness of cuddling on a cold winters day. Oh, it doesn't matter if you do your blog on your phone or on a computer, it works the same to me here. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to EVERYONE around the world!!


    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You too. It has been a really cool trip :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds perfect! You’ll have to visit another time if he unwinds that much:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did. It was so nice to see him unplug and just be the silly happy guy I fell in love with.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you ate having a good time, and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You too. I hope you get some rest and turkey :)

      Delete
  5. Brrr. Snuggle time!!! Glad you are having a blast. Not a fan of snow but it is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is way too cold, but it gives me an excuse to be all up in his coat. :) I hope you guys got to have a thanksgiving over there!

      Delete
    2. Yup, Mama and Baba surprised me with a dinner with all the trimmings. The boss sent Z and I home early. Mama was pulling the bird from the oven.

      I am thankful for my new family. Jordan is an odd country. Even Christmas is a national holiday. Bedu are social, "MY" Thanksgiving was just another reason to celebrate.

      Good night, back to work in the morning.

      Delete
    3. That is so cool they do that for you! :) Just another reason to get together, but still it is nice they want to include your culture and celebrate you as more than just his accessory or property.

      Delete