Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Elections and Lukas

Tonight is all about the election watching. My husband isn't a citizen, but I am and we went through my ballot together. I don't really care about politics, but he is super interested and was excited to "help" me decide. He did the research on things that will be good for our family. He's a smart guy and even read about the long list of judges. 



The last three hours the TV has been barking and he barks back. 👀 He yells things to me and I just go, "Oh yeah, wow seriously! What is up with that??" 

I made Tacos and did some laundry and worked on my research paper while he yelled from the couch "F$#@ Indiana! Wow Colorado! What is this Texas?" He is all in. 

We did our workout and fun time early so he could focus. I am hoping at some point to pull him away for bedtime. I know he will just watch on his phone while I fall asleep. 



In Lukas news I have been getting emails from readers with some interesting ideas on where to go next. I think the way the last chapter ended put some finality on things so people picked up that it either needs some new direction or it's finished. 

A few other people reminded me that it is a reality based story and was meant to be closer to Noah and obviously I veered off of that path pretty wildly with the dad situation. 

I'm kind of at a crossroads with my writing and what I want to do next. 

We are going to NYC in 11 days! Maybe I'll get inspired with something new. 

13 comments:

  1. We're watching it too! At least the Democrats got the house, but it'll be exciting to see how orange county votes come in.

    Hmmmm tacos! Andrés made empanadas for the first time and he used my curry as the filling. I didn't realize that they're just corn flour dumplings! Plus they get so crispy... it was dope lol.

    Oh and over 100 seats were filled by women! Woop woop shits a changin' 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curry? You always have to one-up me! :)
      Yes we are watching the orange county seats where we are looking to buy a home. We like the suburban areas with gates and newer houses, but we're a little worried about our kids being around people who might not be receptive to us as a family.

      Delete
  2. Dude curry isn't that hard. Andrés picked up some curry powder from some middle eastern market with loads of Arabic writing and it's mostly that (6 tbs) then a couple teaspoons of paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, garlic, ginga', bay leaves. Grill some onion, potatoes, throw in the spices, add some full fat coconut milk for creamyness. Once potatoes are cooked, add whatever veg you like with tomato. Boom!

    Yeah, I've heard OC is pretty conservative. But maybe it'll start changing with more young voters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds interesting! I bet he would like it. Especially if it tastes like his part of the world.

      Delete
    2. I wish I remembered what country the curry was from, but alas it's gone from memory. Do they have Persian curry? I watched a documentary on Iran, and it did mention that their flag is influenced by India. So maybe there is some food exchange as well 🤔

      Delete
  3. My husband said that conservatives in California feel the same way. They get excited about candidates and do all this work then LA and SF come in and just mow them down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I am a bad American/South African. I have never even registered to vote and really don't care one way or the other. I don't think me not showing up to vote will really make much difference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didnt vote on either continent? Two nations disappointed! :)

      Delete
  5. Would love you to explore the Mr. Khorasani angle a bit more....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I am totally the ernie. When that bert and ernie gay thing was in the news he asked me about it and I showed him some clips. he said he is the bert and I am the ernie in private. In public, he is the outgoing fun one and I am the quiet serious one. :) We flip.

      Delete
  7. My first time voting and it is nothing but drama from my home state...

    Boss held us up in Paris in case emergency services need full use of the Airports in Amman. More deadly flooding, this time in Petra. Just got the go ahead to continue on. Headed out in a few minutes.

    Boss wants us to go full throttle to Jordan. In this bird, that is mach 0.90 (690.5 mph). Should be a little over three hours, if my math is right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats so sad. I hope things calm down there soon. Hope you can get home. :(

    ReplyDelete