Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Lukas & Science Lights

I am on chapter 23 of the Lukas series on Wattpad and I am planning two more chapters to wrap up Hayden. I want to do a chapter from Tank's perspective where he can sort things out with his parents. Or at least come to some sort of being ok with it. 



How is your week, Emri? 

Well it's going pretty great. I have been doing a ton of school work and I am caught up and actually mostly finished for the week! 

Husband is good too. He is working on going to sleep at the same time as me. He never falls asleep as quickly as I do, but at least getting to bed with me. The past few weeks before we went to Texas he would put me to bed and then go work for another hour or so. 

I think he realizes that his work is never going to stop so last night he put everything on silence and moved our charging station away from the bed so he won't be as tempted to check it. 

One side effect is that I forgot how much he snores. When he was going back to work after I fell asleep then it gave me time to get into deep sleep before he came back and I almost never woke up. The snoring isn't bad. It's somewhat comforting and makes his chest rumble. 

We got some Halloween lights and this weekend we will put them up on the house. 

We want string lights that we can put up and have them glow purple in October, brown/orange in November, and then red/white for December. 

Apparently that does not exist! Seriously? In 2019 you can't get lights that change colors for the seasons? 

This is our first real house to decorate for the holidays. Science needs to catch up. 

6 comments:

  1. I like the asking yourself questions format! That made me laugh.
    Good luck with the decorations! Cool idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We finally have a house where people can see the decorations. It's exciting. :)

      Delete
  2. Would this work? https://huehomelighting.com/philips-hue-outdoor-lightstrip/.

    Not the cheapest option, probably. But with Hue you can change the color with an app. Only does single colors, though. So for Christmas you would need multiple lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are cool! I just grabbed some purple lights that were on sale at Target. haha. My husband was like "Oh... yeah, sure. We can decorate." I'm excited to see it! :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry Em, my specialties are structural and chemical engineering... Electrical is Z's brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree that you would think someone would have invented color changeable string lights. Then again, it is probably on purpose because as it is you have to but multiple different sets-- a form of Planned obsolescence, maybe???

    ReplyDelete