Sunday, October 13, 2019

Fun Weekend. :)

New Lukas up on wattpad... 

What a weekend. Last night we went on this restaurant tour of downtown Santa Ana. It was a set of restaurants and you walked around getting food and drink, like small size samples, from each one. I had never been to downtown Santa Ana. It's old and pretty with big plazas. 

I didn't eat much, but my husband loved it. You got one item from each place so he ate for both of us and drank all the beer samples. I had a small taco and a really good strawberry almond salad and some peach gelato. They had random dance areas in the plazas and blasting music. It was cool! 

We went with a couple that are clients of my husband. IT WAS WEIRD! So the one guy was about my husband's age and the main guy (the one with the money) was about the age of my husband's father. They had to be 30 years apart! They were nice though, but the younger guy was kind of disrespectful to the older guy. Some of his comments were rude. 

When we got back home and out of the uber, I told him, "Adam [the younger guy] was so mean to his man. He was disrespectful. I would never even think to talk to you like that." 

He joked, "Of course not. You are my boy and I raise you right. I rule with iron fist to keep my boy in line!" 

So apparently the older guy had been married to a lady and they have kids and all, but after 20 years he came out and they split. He went younger... 

I asked my husband if he would go younger than me if we split up. 

Him: If I go any younger I will be in jail! 

Me: Well maybe in 20 years? 

Him: 20 years is all we have left? I don't like you have time on us!

Me: Well, no. Like maybe if I died or something. If a meteor hit me or something. You'd find a younger guy? 

Him: No. I will steal a rocket and blast to space to avenge your death! No time to date while I am hunt the meteors!

Me: Nevermind.... 

He's not good for serious conversation after too many beers. That's why we took Uber. Fun night! 

9 comments:

  1. Sounds fun, I like outdoor events like that. If it’s not crazy hot anyway.

    Is it ever weird in general mixing business with pleasure? In my field you’re not allowed to have a social relationship with a client but I realize many other types of jobs require it to keep clients happy or make business connections. So I guess I’ve always wondered what that’s like. Sorry if it’s off topic. It interests me though. Do you feel like you can relax and totally be yourself, does it just depend on the client, or are you pretty much always in the work mode but just adding in drinks or a more fun setting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got down into the 60's when the sun went down so I was in a hoodie zipped up. :) In my husband's business, he deals by making it very personal and building a relationship. He does commercial real estate and development and investment stuff. So for him business has to mix. I try to be very quiet and on my best behavior. He says he is proud to have me with him and they always say nice things about me.
      I don't have any kind of job though. haha. I am a student and houseboy. My job is making sure he has a nice home to come to and all his needs met. :)

      Delete
    2. That’s still a job though, two of them really. People underestimate what it takes to keep a household running well, and then studying on top of it. Your husband must love not having to worry about that part.

      Delete
    3. Thank you. :) It is hard. He takes a lot of work. I make sure he leaves home every morning in a perfectly pressed suit looking like a well taken care of man. I also make sure he comes back to a clean home and nice dinner. He does take out the trash bins when it's trash truck day. And he sets the alarms and makes sure every door is locked.

      Delete
  2. I thought I knew about the social side of business... The past three weeks have proven me WRONG! A food tour sounds like fun. Being Z's "student/intern/foster" in public smooths the waters here to a degree. Some have issues with me being from the U.S.

    Are you near the fires? I don't know California's geography well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fires are mostly out now. They were north of here but we got some of the smoke and smell. It smelled like a Christmas fireplace outside.

      Our area where we live is white/asian/middle eastern so people don't look at us too much when we're out. :) We do worry about that in some places, but we avoid possible bad situations as best we can.

      Delete
  3. I like the rework of 'Lukas' btw. Are you going to include all the dad being a puppy business? Can you get away with that on Wattpad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if that is too dirty for wattpad. I am thinking maybe don't put it on there. It's going to be a big rewrite when I get to that... right? Do you think it would be acceptable?

      Delete
    2. The puppy-stuff might be a little to far. ;-)
      But I think you can make the dad subservant to the Khorsani brother. Maybe don't let Lukas walk in on them. You could do that part from Ari's perspective. Or from Mr. K's.

      Delete