Sunday, January 6, 2019

Going Home

Last night after dinner and helping his mom clean up the kitchen, I found my Persian in the bedroom where we are staying. He usually hangs out on the couch with his dad and brother after dinner, but he was working on his laptop. 

He asked how I'm doing and I told him I'm good but also ready to be back home. He sat up and set down his laptop and said he has been ready to go home for a few days. He moved up our flights so we are heading home today. We are flying late, but my dad will pick us up. 

It's dark and cold and has been raining a lot here. Dad said that LA had storms last night and is cold too, but the sun will come out. It always does. 

I haven't been doing much writing here. His family isn't big on privacy and I need quiet, alone time to really get going on it. 

I know exactly what I want to do with the final chapter but writing in little spurts makes the story all disconnected and important details get lost. Lukas deserves a better sendoff. I know I can find time when we get home. 

Persian says he misses my healthier, smaller meals. He has been indulging a lot here. I actually like him with a few extra pounds, but it makes him self conscious. Sometimes we forget that these all-powerful alphas can be sensitive about their bodies too. 

He has been doing a good job about fending off his mother's attempts at overfeeding me. He knows I will try to stave her off but then give in and then later not keep it down and that's not good. There is a nice gym here and we have been going, but he goofs off with his little brother instead of focusing on his plan. 

I miss walking around the house in shorts and a tank. Here he likes me covered and wearing things that aren't too tight. He says his parents are modest and traditional. BUT he feels free to walk around wearing just a pair of gym shorts! 

I pointed that out to him and he said it's not the same because he is not a beautiful boy people want to look at. He says when we get home we can send my dad on vacation and have a naked day at home together. 

I love this shirt but he would never let me wear it out

He also said he misses our evenings with him working at the table while I make food and clean and pester him with questions and funny youtube videos and demands for playtime like a pet (This is his list, not mine! hah). 

Their new house should be finished when we come back so we can help them move-in in late February. 

6 comments:

  1. It’s hard being away a long time, staying with family. Even when you’re close to them. I start getting annoyed by everything toward the end of a long stay. Then I feel bad. I’m used to privacy so it’s hard to adjust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was so nice to come home last night and be in our own bed! I loved being there but I was ready to go! :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the in laws and Texas!!! Hi and Welcome Back!!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was great but I am glad to be home :)

      Delete