Saturday, February 24, 2018

OC on hold

Well... 

Our new house down in Orange County is almost finished with the renovations. We're supposed to move down there in May when my classes are finished, and my dad is going to move in a few weeks when his lease is up. Except... 

A realtor friend of A [the husband] was showing a couple a house for sale near our new house. He asked A. if he could show them our house to get ideas on how they could fix up the house they are looking at since it is the same floor plan and the other house hasn't been touched. A. agreed and they loved it. Like they REALLY loved it. They liked the quieter street and the color choices and all the fixtures we picked out. 

They liked it so much that they asked if we'd be willing to sell it. A. said they are offering enough to cover what we paid for it plus the renovations and a "pretty good" profit. He said he would have to talk to me about it first. 

That's a huge step. I was surprised. Like he rarely ever talks about financial stuff with me. He said that we're married now so everything has to be agreed upon by both of us. He said he bought the house for me and he won't even consider it if I don't want him to. He's had me sign things so my name is on our accounts instead of just his. It's weird because I always just used his name for everything like I didn't really exist outside of him. It feels weird to see my name on things, like I'm a grown up. 

I told him I'm ok with whatever he thinks is best. He said with the profit we could upgrade to a better neighborhood and we can ask for more money since we're in no hurry to move. He said they are motivated to do it quickly and they said they fell in love with the house. I asked if he told them that we'd had sex on the floor of it. He just laughed.  

So he said he will negotiate with them and see how much they want to spend. 

If it goes through then we start looking again at houses. It also means my dad would move in here with us for awhile. I'm ok with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment