Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Time to get back to it

The move is pretty much finished. We did so much work and our new house is still only like half filled. We have our bedroom and his parents' bedroom (the guest room) set up plus the living and dining room. We still have two other bedrooms with nothing in them. It's a much bigger space and we both agreed we don't need to fill it all just to fill it. 

I saved the kitchen except for the things we needed because my husband's mom flew in today. It was so funny how she lit up when she came and I told her "I really need your help with the kitchen. I am so lost!" My husband translated this into Farsi and she got this big grin and then nodded and hugged me.  Like any Persian mother she likes to be in charge and it will keep her busy for a few days. 

It made my husband so happy that I did that for her. Honestly I don't care how the kitchen is organized and it built her up to act like I need the help so that is good and I will get rewarded from my guy. He loves that I make his mom happy because his brother's spouses don't get along with her and fight her on things. In our house she gets to be the chief advisor and it pleases her. 

I wish his dad had come with her. He is working but he said he will come this weekend. I haven't seen him in awhile and we have the best talks. 

On the Ahmed and Dylan front, I should be getting back to it this week. I have ideas and things are settling down here. Husband is going to be working and his mother will be doing the kitchen and getting furniture for the other two rooms so I will have time to write. She's also cleaning which is nice. 

We haven't bought baby stuff yet. It's still in the works. We had to find another donor. My husband said he will tell me when we have something really going. Otherwise I get excited and disappointed and obsess about it. I don't need to do that just yet... 

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you've been doing well over the last few weeks! More space means new opportunities!

    Best of luck with everything and be sure to create some great memories with everyone there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It is nice with his mom here. I got to take a good nap! :) She cleans things

      Delete