Friday, May 31, 2019

My tired Persian

Well this has been a fun week! My husband's mother is visiting and I put her to work doing what she loves, organizing our kitchen, making meals, decorating, and cleaning. She is loving it. I think she is bored being in Texas in a giant house with her husband working all the time and her only son there in classes full time. She feels useful here and it makes my husband happy to see her get along so well with me. 

Funny though because she is driving him crazy. As much as he loves her he is not used to her being there full time and criticizing him or making demands of him (she likes to be taken out for shopping and other things). It's paying off for me though because he has told me at least five times a day how fortunate he is to have married me. 

He said, "I am so lucky to have you and not have a Persian wife." (His parents would have chosen a good Persian girl for him if he hadn't finally come out to them about who he was and who he loved -me!). He said I am his calming boy, his beautiful one who is good to him and good for him. That makes me happy. It also makes me think I could get away with demanding more, but that's just not who I am. He gives me plenty of attention and affection. He buys more than I need and never says no when I ask to get something. I don't really know what I would push for. :) It's not like I want a car. I just want more of him. 

It was sweet when he came to bed one night this week and held me and laced his fingers through mine and rubbed over the wedding ring on my finger and said, "Is best thing I ever decide. I am so blessed," then kissed my cheek and hugged me. I am so proud to be his. 

Our new house is really nice. It is a piece of land that is behind other houses then has a hillside behind it. It has this long driveway that winds around the other houses on the street then connects to the roadway with a gate. It's really private and quiet. Below is is a newer neighborhood with nice houses that are crammed together on smaller lots. My husband calls them "the little people." He means it jokingly. 

He is driving more for work right now but getting things set up to work more from home. He hired two younger guys who are going to be out doing the fieldwork for him and he will direct them and put together deals from the home office he set up. That will let him be here more. 

Hopefully that means we will be able to go out on a Friday night instead of him being home and exhausted from a week of hard work. Right now he is watching a game with my dad. It's great and all, but I kinda wanted to go out and see a movie or something. 

He told me we could go somewhere, but I could see how tired he was and how much he just wanted to be on the couch in basketball shorts and a tank top with a beer... 


3 comments:

  1. It does sound sweet. Your parents in law love you and your dad. Your family has your back. You are not going to get away with anything, not eating right, not getting enough sleep. The house sounds awesome! Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. She is gone now so it's just me ad my Persian in the big house. :) We are going to Texas to visit them in a few weeks. I miss his dad. HE didn't come this trip because of work. These Persian men and their endless work schedules.

      Delete