Sunday, May 12, 2019

In the process

Hi everyone! I will be absent for the next few weeks until things settle down here. 

We got the new house this weekend. It is so perfect. It is a dream. I've never lived in a place without other people around or attached to us. Everything is all ours. We even have a gate around the front with a remote to open it. It's not huge, but it is private and so quiet. 

Husband and I went Friday night and the cleaners were fixing everything up so we went for dinner then got a bottle of wine and some stuff from the grocery store and had a little private party in the empty house for just the two of us. We had some time alone with our new place. 

It's awesome! This week I am going to be packing, cleaning, tossing stuff. We have SO MUCH Stuff!! I blame his mother. Every time she visits she buys things we need plus my husband buys things and he has his whole media setup. It grew a lot this year. 

Ahmed and Dylan will be coming back in June. I promise. 


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Take as much time as you need to settle in with your husband and commemorate this to the fullest! I'm sure you and your husband deserve this much after plenty of hard work over the last few weeks.

    P.S. Don't forget to pack your new AirPods! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Funny enough, when husband came home from work today he sneaked up on me because I had the airpods in. Scared the sh$! out of me!! I was packing and dancing.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Em,

    Castle (nest) building takes time. Let it take the time it takes... We will wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We definitely have a castle now! I can't wait to have our stuff moved in. He loved how happy I was when he showed it to me. He put me up in the counter and had the biggest smile I've ever seen just watching me react to it. He said, "I am so proud to give you this."

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Em and A!!! I am so happy for you! There is nothing like having your own place. Have fun trying out all the rooms...😊

    You are going to be very busy, but it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So busy!! We picked out a new design for the guest room his parents will use. There is a friend of his who specializes in Persian decor and he picked out really cool stuff for it so his parents will feel at home.

      Delete
  4. Your new place sounds awesome! Congratulations! It sounds like a very beautiful and safe place. And with the family living there, you'll have your own little army looking out for you. I'm not a very big guy, and being safe is something I'm aware of. Being just one of the boys, a team player, not one of the big guys, a leader; those big guys think twice about messing with you if they know they are not just dealing with you. Your new set up is great! Daniel

    ReplyDelete