Saturday, May 26, 2018

Hurrication!

We got to Miami yesterday. It rained. Still raining, and now there is a hurricane coming! The hotel is super nice and right on the beach. We're on a high floor and you can see the ocean. It's pretty but glass and we're going to die. Yes, we will die. A (the husband) says no death just lots of rain. We have to adapt our plans. 



The hotel room is super nice though! It's this suite and connects to the guys who brought us here (four older guys who invest a lot with A.). They're really nice guys and don't treat me like a weird little kid.  

By the way. If you're afraid of hurricanes, don't google image search hurricanes! I spent ten minutes showing A. scenes of destruction before he took my tablet away. They are all shrugging this off like it's nothing, but I'm pretty freaked. One of the older guys went to a store and made me a bag of survival stuff including a flashlight, magazines, candy, almonds, and a first aid kit. A. says we are perfectly fine here, we'll just be doing indoor stuff. It's also something called Urban Beach weekend so there are a lot of party people out in the rain. 

Chapter 13 of Colton is halfway there. It's taken some time because I didn't really know where to go with it, but now I think I have a good storyline to do. 

I'm still thinking about what kind of series to do next. Lots of ideas. If you have any, leave them below. :) I'll read them if I survive this Hurricane. 


4 comments:

  1. Emri, DEEP BREATH!!! Then listen to A... It is BARELY a tropical storm. Only the outer feeder bands are reaching the sunshine state...

    I am a good one to talk though. I freaked when I experienced my first earthquake (0.5 on the Richter), Zahir thought I lost my mind!.

    Enjoy the room service (AKA cuddle time).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He turned off the news so I would stop watching the giant spinning mass in the water. I know it will be ok. Thank you. :)

      Delete
    2. Your post made me feel better. I had real bad day yesterday. I was actually missing Miami.... I am not now!

      I used to live on the swamp side.

      Delete
    3. The sun came out a little today. It wasn't too bad. Just crazy rain and wind! :)

      Delete