Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Rulers of the HOA

This cracks me up. So AT (the fiancee) is the king of our little development. Everyone comes to him with their issues and he gives advice or helps them solve it. He reviews all the bills and checks for our HOA and gets things fixed. 

There's mostly older people where we live and a few young singles who are never around. AT, being the natural charmer and buff guy that he is, is the only one who knows everyone and helps them work together. There's an older lady who lives right across from us and she's retired. He brings her a pack of cigarettes sometimes and she adores him so she watches our house all day. Nothing much happens, but she will text him and when we get packages she'll grab them until he gets home. 

The funny thing is that sometimes I run across people like when I'm going to gym or the mailbox and they'll want me to pass along something to him. They approach me with this respect that I'm not used to. It's like they really want AT to think highly of them. He doesn't do anything other than talk to people or smooth things over so it's not like he's some angry overlord. I just think it's funny. Like I'm some kind of powerful person. 

+++ 

I'm working on Ch. 22 of Noah. I'm 1/4 of the way through. I think after this chapter I'm going to take a break from writing. We have a wedding to plan for and then classes are going to start for me. Plus he is really trying to push me to be ok with moving to the OC. 

AT is saying it would be nice to start 2018 with a new and bigger place. Even worse is that now my dad is thinking he might move with us which negates my excuse for not wanting to go because my dad would be far away. They talked about it and AT says my dad could stay with us and save money until he could get his own place if he wants to. I would actually love to have my dad there. 

So I'm kind of out of excuses... I have to face the truth that I just really hate change. 

+++ 

Yesterday our internet went down. I texted him and he came home after work and tried to fix it. He looked so hot crawling around on the floor trying to rework things. He got home and had his suit on, but as he tried to fool with the internet stuff he kept removing his clothes once piece at a time. Finally he was just crawling on the floor in a pair of blue boxer briefs that had my full attention. He looks so hot when he's in fix-it mode. I am definitely going to get him a tool belt to wear around the house.  He always acts surprised when I get turned on by him. Like he doesn't realize how hot he is. He's a good man. 



1 comment: