Friday, June 21, 2019

Ahmed 7 is up

The new chapter of Ahmed's Cub is up. Two months later :) 

It has been a crazy two months though! We just got home from Palm Springs. Husband was working on a project and decided to get us a room for the week. It was so pretty and insanely hot but we had great air conditioning. 

I have been reading through the Read With Pride challenge for June. I have gotten through 8 books so far. It's awesome reading what everyone else is reading in the challenge month because there are lots of discussions going on about the books. Top book of the summer is still Music of What Happens. Has anyone read it? It's so beautiful and sad and twisted and... it makes me want to write something important. 


I want to challenge myself to do the hard work to write an actual book. Maybe just something on Wattpad, but with notes and an outline and character profiles and all those things I have been trained to do in my classes. 

I write for Nifty as stress relief, a palette cleanse from school writing. I don't do all the pre-work, I just write. It's important to just write, but it's also important to create a story arc and 3-d characters and a sense of place and all those other things that make good literature. 

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time. I have not read that book and have been too busy to go look for it. I searched online for it at Borders and I know they have it. Maybe I'll go pick it up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the hoopla app and your library card you can listen to the audiobook too. I love the guy who reads for one of the main characters, max. Hs voice is the best!

      Delete
  2. I'd have to get the e-book. Only one book store in Jordan would probably carry it and Zahir would NEVER take me there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't been able to sleep tonight. I read the new chapter while cooking breakfast, I LOVED IT.

      I wish the procedure was real. I am starting to understand why lobotomies were once a treatment for depression. I'd give just about anything for six hour of straight sleep.

      I'm having bad dreams again. I'll catch a nap after Zahir goes to work. I know he is worried.

      Delete
    2. That sucks. I am usually good with sleep, but I know my husband has insomnia some times. I can tell he had a long night if I wake up and his hand is deeply involved with my bottom. haha. Ok gross sorry.
      I read the paper book and also listened to the audio version. The audio is very good, but the paper one made me cry and much more emotionally involved.

      Delete
  3. �� Finally a new chapter! But don't feel bad; you've got a lot going on.

    The chapter was amazing, as always. It's cool to see some familiar characters again. Thought for the next chapter: what happened to Kasper's brother Kyle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad it didn't totally suck. hah I was worried

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you already have a pretty good understanding of how you want to write your story and I'd that's already pretty impressive! If you'll want to an actual book, then do your best! Whichever way it goes, I'll read it.

    On that note, given that I'm writing my own story using your characters, I'm actually scared to read the next Ahmed's cub chapter. Dunno why. Just feels like it might lead to some doubts or so, I started out wanting it to be a kind of love-wins thing, but now, I'm leaning towards something... sincere, deep, or even significant. I dunno, time will tell, I guess. I'll probably read the next chapter once I'm done writing my own. Looking forward to reading it soon! All the best to you and everybody on the comments section!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where it will head and that is part of the problem. I don't do character profiles and outlines and story boarding and all the things a good writer is supposed to do. It's my fun writing, but I need to start taking it more seriously if I want to grow instead of just release. :)
      I hope you are having fun with it too. Lemme know if you have ideas for Ahmed.

      Delete
  5. Nice work!! Your writing is fun, whatever your method or non method.

    ReplyDelete