Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sick Lamp, bro

I'm sick. It's not the flu. Just tired and snotty. A (the fiancee) is taking care of me. He's good at it and buys me all kinds of medicine and comfort things. 

The first time he took care of me when  I was sick was just a month or so after we started hanging out. He came to see me and I looked horrible and it was hot so I just had on a pair of running shorts and a wad of tissues in my hand. I don't know why but my dad let him in without even telling me he was there! I was so pissed at my dad, but A didn't look turned off at all. He came and sat on my bed and tried to get me whatever I needed. 

The next afternoon he came back and brought me soup and this: 

This is the coolest lamp ever. My dad and I lived in an old apartment and my room only had one power outlet and it was far from my bed so the side table had no lamp. He said I needed it. It charges up and lasts forever. He turned it on and turned the dimmer way down and then held me and took a nap with me. It was the sweetest gift anyone ever gave me and I always keep it charged for when we have a power out or something. 

It was the first time anyone took care of me other than my dad. 
Today he made me a protein shake and got my favorite soup (french onion) and watched tv shows on the DVR with me. 

I'm looking back over the Cage! Cock! Cairo! Story. I might want to do another chapter. It's brewing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment