Saturday, September 2, 2017

Alive and breaking

I've been getting emails asking why I disappeared. I didn't really disappear, but life got super busy. We are planning our wedding which at this point might just be us going with my dad to a courthouse somewhere or doing something small on the beach. 

Then there is AT's (the fiancee) business which has been super busy which is good, but I've been traveling with him here and there and helping him stay organized and checking his English on emails and letters. 

Plus we have been looking at neighborhoods and houses down south in cooler areas that AT says will be safer for when we have kids. 

Then the fall semester started so I'm in classes again! 

This one was actually kind of funny because normally AT takes me to my classes the week before since it's a pretty big campus with a lot of buildings. I have a bad sense of direction... We usually go and find where my classes will be so I don't have to rush around the first day. Only this time we ran out of time and I told him not to worry about it. So of course the first day I got lost and it was super crazy hot (it's been over 110 degrees for the last week!!!). 

I got overheated and actually felt kind of sick from it. I hadn't felt that before. It's like your stomach feels weird and things look blurry. I went to the upstairs of the bookstore building, got an iced bottle of water and sat on the cold tile floor leaning against the cold tile wall until I felt better. I couldn't tell AT about it because, much like Navid, he would worry and overreact. but I'm ok... 

Life got busy, but it will settle down soon. I have half a chapter of Noah's Starship. I will work on it again soon. But for now... 


2 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your weddding plans and good luck with your classes. I love your writing and look forward to more of Noah's story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all's well with you both, don't worry we'll still be here when you have time to publish. Good luck with the wedding: i'm really happy for you

    ReplyDelete