Monday, June 11, 2018

Who knew Ukrainian guys were so hot??

Yesterday was our big move. They showed up at 8 am and spent about 8 hours moving us. We had two Ukrainian guys and a guy I thought was Arab, but A. said he was Latino. Either way, two of the three were hot! A. noticed quickly that I was interested and asked the unattractive one to work with me on packing up the kitchen. A. was using the bits of Russian he speaks with them. They spoke English with accents, but I think he wanted to show them he was comfortable with them. The guy helping me was fine with English.



So of course I spent my spare minutes googling hot Russian and Ukrainian guys. The two hot movers had these crystal blue eyes and one was bald, the other with very short, very light hair. They had that build of men who lift things for a living, not overly bulky, just very lean and strong. They were very nice to me but careful to address A and not talk much to me unless they needed to. 

One thing that was interesting was A. had packed away our personal pictures and all the little mementos that said we are a couple. I know he did that on the off chance that one of them might say something or treat me weird knowing what we are to each other. They could tell what we were to each other. The master bedroom was clearly where both of us have our things. But he can be overly protective of me when it comes to that. I think it's also that he comes from a culture where that is not discussed and we'd never live together openly where he is from. 

They started to warm up to me after a few hours. The movers were obviously straight and married. One of them mentioned that they all live near West Hollywood (lots of russians there) which is the gay part of town and also happens to be where the LA Pride was yesterday.  They mentioned this when A. had stepped out to take a phone call and we gave them a break. 

I said "Oh the pride parade!" with maybe a little too much excitement. They just smiled at me and one said, "Yes, you will like it much to see there!" They clearly had no problem at all with gay people. I think A. was just being overly protective. He does that a lot with me. 

But the new place is mostly moved in and today I'm working on putting stuff away and thinking over a million storylines I could write with hot Ukrainian movers. :) 

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you aR MOVED IN. Now comes the hard part of finding out where to put all of your (A. and your) items. Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Moved in to a new place almost 3 weeks ago. Still haven’t finish unpacking... :( Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT takes forever, right? I'm still dodging boxes. A's parents came to visit and they are helping me put things away since A still has his busy work schedule and can't do much. It's a full time job

      Delete